SPECIAL NOTES: Event time is 2:00pm-3:30pm. Space is limited.
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org with the participant child’s name and mailing address.
Check out the Loggerhead Marinelife Center Loggerhead Marinelife Center is an ocean conservation organization and sea turtle hospital located adjacent to one of the most important sea turtle nesting beaches in the world. The Center features an on-site campus hospital, research laboratory, educational exhibits, and aquariums, and also operates the Juno Beach Pier, which hosts world-class angling and sightseeing. The Center’s conservation team works with 76 local and international organizations across six continents to form partnerships and share conservation initiatives and best practices that are core to its mission of ocean conservation. The Center is expanding and has launched its Waves of Progress capital expansion campaign, designed to accelerate and amplify LMC’s conservation and education impact.
The Washington University NF Center and St. Louis Children’s Hospital invite you to attend our upcoming Club NF – VIRTUAL event, a FREE therapy and educational program for children with NF1.
On Saturday, October 16, join us for a virtual field trip to the Loggerhead Marinelife Center in Juno Beach, Florida. Biologists at the Loggerhead Marinelife Center will take us on a virtual field trip through the center and guided vet lab activities using your activity packet received in the mail. Additionally, Makenzie Sledd MPT, our resident Club NF Physical Therapist, will take us through activities targeted to promote the development of the following skills often delayed in children with NF1:
- Fine motor skills including handwriting, tying shoes, getting dressed, and organizing a school binder
- Executive function skills such as following multiple step directions,
and finishing homework and school projects
- Social Skills to enable your child to speak in a group, initiate
conversation, make eye contact, and boost confidence
Saturday, October 16, 2021, from 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Virtual, Via Zoom Link
- This event will be held virtually, via a Zoom Meeting.
- To participate in the program you will need a computer with video capability and an internet connection, or a smartphone.
- Activities include:
- Biologist led fieldtrip
- JR Vet lab activities
- Zoom Meeting: Code of Conduct
- Treat everyone with respect. Be mindful of your words and actions.
- Pay attention to your environment. Remove any distractions from view and limit background noise.
- One speaker at a time. Take turns when you talk.
- Follow instructions of the presenter, or meeting coordinator.
- We request parental supervision of the zoom meeting attendee throughout the meeting.
- Please don’t record or take images of your screen during the session.
- Parents, please review all guidelines with Club NF participants, prior to our meeting.