The Washington University NF Center and St. Louis Children’s Hospital invite you to attend our upcoming Club NF – VIRTUAL event, a FREE therapy and educational program for children with NF1.
Join us on Saturday, October 17th, we will be partnering with Dickherber Farms for a fun-filled, VIRTUAL farm experience. These activities will target and promote development of the following skills often delayed in children with NF1:
- Fine motor skills including handwriting, tying shoes, getting dressed and organizing a school binder.
- Executive function skills such as following multiple-step directions and finishing homework and school projects.
- Social skills to enable your child to speak in a group, initiate conversation, make eye contact and boost confidence.
Saturday, October 17, 2020, from 10:00 – 11:30 am
Virtual, Via Zoom Link
- This event will be held virtually, via a Zoom Meeting.
- To participate in the program you will need a computer with video capability and an internet connection, or a smart phone.
- Activities include:
- Short video tour of “Life on a Farm”
- Live video interaction with the animals on the farm, hosted by Jen Traber (NF Center Coordinator) and Makenzie Sledd (Physical Therapist).
- Guide the your hosts through the corn maze.
- Craft project
- Zoom Meeting: Code of Conduct
- Treat everyone with respect. Be mindful of your words and actions.
- Pay attention to your environment. Remove any distractions from view and limit background noise.
- One speaker at a time. Take turns when you talk.
- Follow instructions of the presenter, or meeting coordinator.
- We request parental supervision of the zoom meeting attendee throughout the meeting.
- Please don’t record or take images of your screen during the session.
- Parents, please review all guidelines with Club NF participants, prior to our meeting.
Category: Club NF