RSVP by December 3, to allow time to ship the activity supplies.
The Washington University NF Center and St. Louis Children’s Hospital invite you to attend our upcoming Club NF – VIRTUAL event, a FREE therapy and educational program for children with NF1.
Join us on Saturday, December 12th, we will be partnering with the Saint Louis Science Center for a fun-filled, Virtual HANDS-ON experience. The activities will include 3D printing and model building.
- Fine motor skills including handwriting, tying shoes, getting dressed and organizing a school binder
- Executive function skills such as following multiple-step directions and finishing homework and school projects
- Social skills to enable your child to speak in a group, initiate conversation, make eye contact and boost confidence.
Saturday, December 12, 2020, from 10:30 – 12:00 pm
Virtual, Via Zoom Link
- This event will be held virtually, via a Zoom Meeting.
- To participate in the program you will need a computer with video capability and an internet connection, or a smart phone.
- Activities include:
- Short video: “Behind-the-Scenes” at the Saint Louis Science Center
- Live instruction: Step-by-step instruction for building a 3D model (it will be a surprise!). The model pieces will be shipped to your home, prior to the start of the event.
- Live instruction: Create a Cookie Cutter from your handprint. Once completed it will be 3D printed at the Science Center and shipped to your home.
- Zoom Meeting: Code of Conduct
- Treat everyone with respect. Be mindful of your words and actions.
- Pay attention to your environment. Remove any distractions from view and limit background noise.
- One speaker at a time. Take turns when you talk.
- Follow instructions of the presenter, or meeting coordinator.
- We request parental supervision of the zoom meeting attendee throughout the meeting.
- Please don’t record or take images of your screen during the session.
- Parents, please review all guidelines with Club NF participants, prior to our meeting.