Ranken Jordan Pediatric Bridge Hospital
11365 Dorsett Road, Maryland Heights, MO 63043
The Washington University NF center invites you to our live, in person, Beat NF Sumer Program at Ranken Jordan Pediatric Bridge Hospital. The program will run 4 consecutive days, Monday-Thursday, July 19-22, 2021 – 9:00 – 9:45 am.
Beat NF provides your toddler or preschooler with NF1 a one-of-a-kind jazz music experience seamlessly integrated with gross motor and social skill activities. Developed by a team of St. Louis Children’s Hospital therapists and Jazz St. Louis musicians, each class will improve your child’s gross motor skills while offering a platform to progress language skills, leadership, and confidence. Attending consecutive sessions will help your child build a solid foundation for kindergarten.
During each class, your child will participate in carefully planned activities that aid in further development of the following skills:
- Strengthening, balance and coordination of all muscle groups, under the supervision of a physical therapist
- Expressive and receptive language skills to improve communication
- Social confidence to encourage group play, taking turns, using manners and building friendships
- Exposure to live jazz music and history including learning about famous jazz musicians and the instruments they mastered
Makenzie Sledd, MPT, a physical therapist with St. Louis Children’s Hospital, will work directly with you and your child to help facilitate the motor goals of this curriculum-based, enrichment program.
The Washington University NF Center takes the safety of our participants and staff very seriously; therefore, the following safety guidelines will be followed:
- Event planned to be held outdoors;
- If the weather is prohibitive, the event will be moved indoors.
- All faculty are vaccinated
- This session will be limited to 5 participants, plus parent
- Children will be spaced 6 feet apart
- Children under 2 need not wear a mask
- Children over 2, all adults, and all faculty will be masked at all times
- Covid screenings will be performed each day, upon entry into the building
- Screenings include the Ranken Jordan covid questionnaire and temperature taking
- Hand washing and sanitizing will be administered prior to the start of the event, and as needed throughout.
- Equipment will be sanitized before and after each session (day)
Visit the Beat NF page to learn more about this unique jazz music-motor therapy class for toddlers and preschoolers (2 – 5 years) with NF1.